2022 Community Supported Agriculture Agreement
SHARE INFORMATION ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
The Full Season Share is priced at $324.
CSA pickups are on Friday’s from 5 – 8 p.m.
at the Gifford Park Neighborhood Market (520 N. 33rd Street Omaha, NE 68131)
Beginning June 3, 2022 and concluding on September 30, 2022 (18 weeks).
A $100 Deposit is due on signup, unless signing up with SNAP.
Members must pay in full by May 15th, 2022, unless signing up with SNAP.
CSA Members receive a 20% discount on Farmers’ Market Produce.
SNAP members receive a discount and pay $68 monthly beginning by May 15th, 2022.
RULES & PROCEDURES ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
- Missed Pickups: We understand that forgetting is a possibility! If you do not pick up by end of market, we will call you to let you know we are leaving. We will refrigerate overnight. You will be able to pick up your box from a cooler behind our garage on Saturday morning starting at 10am. If not picked up by 1pm on Saturday evening, your share will be donated.
- Vacation Holds: If you are out of town or unable to pick-up your box, you can have a friend or family member pickup your share. To help us keep accurate records, please inform the party picking up in your place to let us know they are picking up for you. If no one picks up your share, we will donate the share after 1pm on Satruday.
- Product substitutions: The contents of each week’s box for the season are selected based on our harvest plan. We will only substitute items based on dietary restrictions as indicated in communication with us.
- Cancellation/Payment expectations: If you decide to cancel your CSA membership before May 15, we will keep a $40 cancellation fee and the rest of your money will be refunded. Cancellations after May 15 will not be refunded. In the event of two weeks of non-payment with SNAP EBT your share will be forfeited.
- We follow guidelines by CDC and Douglas County Health Department regarding COVID-19 when handling and packaging food
GROWING PRACTICE INFORMATION ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
We are an urban farm located in the Gifford Park neighborhood of Omaha, NE. We are driven by a passion for sustainability and use regenerative agricultural practices to restore the land and grow the freshest and healthiest produce possible. Every year, our soil is tested to ensure that it is safe and full of plant-friendly nutrients. While we are not certified Organic, we use organic practices to grow our food. We farm with minimal tilling and avoid using toxic chemicals to fertilize and manage pests.
RISK SHARING ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
In addition to supporting small local growers and sharing the bounty of Big Muddy’s harvest, joining the CSA means you are willing to share the risk of inclement weather or crop failure. In the event that crops are damaged, Big Muddy Urban Farm will do our best to provide the quantities and varieties available.
I agree to the above terms and will pick up my share weekly. I also understand that quantities and varieties change throughout the season, and I will receive produce based on when they are available.